“Although the project had many technical and logistical complexities, the team came together through Partnering to provide excellent service and a quality project to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.”
– Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Project Team
- Completed $827,762 under budget, with $500,000 estimated savings attributed to Partnering.
- ZERO recordable and lost-time safety incidents.
- Exceptional quality resulting in an optimal product.
- Built trust and aligned numerous stakeholders, fostering technically complicated construction activities in an active hospital.
- Enhanced communication and issue resolution, resulting in no claims.
- Provided excellent client service with zero impact or downtime to the hospital.
The Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Hybrid MRI/IR project entailed furnishing all equipment, materials and labor for the construction of a hybrid MRI/IR, including an MRI Exam Room, Interventional Radiology Room, Control Room, and Pacs Reading and Support Function Rooms within the basement/first floor of the existing hospital and trauma center. Under the jurisdiction of the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), technically complex construction involved installation of new mechanical ductwork, plumbing, medical gas piping, fire alarm system, sprinkler system, electrical power and lighting, structural components and supports, architectural walls and finishes, radiation protective shielding, magnetic shielding, electromagnetic (RF) shielding and anchorage of new medical equipment.
As the only Trauma Center (Level 1) serving San Francisco and northern San Mateo counties, the Hybrid OR and Hybrid MRI are crucial improvements for Zuckerberg San Francisco General which opened in May 2016.
LEED Silver Certified
Department of Public Health
San Francisco Department of Public Works
Rodan Builders, Inc.
Architect & Engineer:
Fong & Chan Architects
San Francisco Collaborative Partnering Consortium
2018 Partnering Award Winner – Honorable Mention